Labels

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Routine



It's Tuesday, October 2nd, and Olivia had her ear tube surgery scheduled for today but instead of doing that she went to pre-school, played outside with her daddy for a LONG time, and watched The Andy Griffith Show with me.  After dealing with Olivia's ear infection and pain for four weeks, I am so thankful that her ear healed up properly and for a doctor who took over thirty minutes in a consultation discussing the decision with me and advising us to wait.  I'm not fearful of her getting tubes- if she needs them later on then we will definitely get them. But I know there are risks with everything (even the routine things) and I don't want her to go though it unless she needs them.


My dad recently had back surgery and even though that isn't necessarily routine, the anesthesia was.  However the anesthesia put his intestines to sleep and it took them a week to start working again and he is still having stomach issues two weeks after the surgery.

I had a routine surgery when I was about five years old.  I had Tonsillitis and was struggling to breath at night so I had my adenoids and tonsils taken out. Having a Tonsillectomy at that time was one of the first things they doctors went for and was extremely routine and safe.  However, mine resulted in being sent home in tears with a visible hole in the corner on my mouth.  I have had several reconstructive surgeries over the years but now you can't even tell which side the hole was on.  I am very grateful to have parents who were able to research and find out what was the best route to have this problems fixed even though it cost them so much at the time.

So routine or not, God is untimely in control and I am glad he chose to heal Olivia's ear naturally for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment