Labels

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

God is with you!

Olivia came to me one day and asked "Can I watch this movie?"  Pointing to the movie case she said "that is the mean guy...  I like that part."  "you do?" I asked her.  She said "I'm not afraid of it anymore."  "Why not" I asked.  And she said "Because God is with me!"  After a a minute she said "You can watch it with me... but don't be afraid because God is with you"

I lover her little heart.  She has been saying these kinds of things a lot lately.  I think she first started when she participated in some vacation bible school activities and she learned that God is with you.

One time she even ran out of the room during a 'scary' part of veggie tales then stopped and said "Oh yeah... God is with me, I don't have to be afraid" and ran back to finish her movie.

Here is a video of her explaining to me why she isn't afraid anymore and why I don't have to be afraid either.




After our bible study on September 30, I was telling Clint we should have praise report/ prayer request time during the first part of our meeting time and Olivia called out "I want to do it!"  So i asked her if she had any prayer requests: anything she wanted us to pray for.  She said Jesus... She wants Jesus in her heart.  So I took her and baby sister over to Clint and we all sat on the couch.  Clint told her that she can pray.  At first she didn't want to but I told her that she can pray and Jesus likes it when little girls talk to him.  Clint told her to repeat what he was saying.  This is the prayer that she whispered:
~
Dear Jesus. Please come into my heart, and be with me always. Amen.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment