Labels

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

One of my favorite healthy snacks that I try to eat every day is this fiber trail mix stuff.  It tastes so good and is healthy for you.  Each serving has 6 grams of fiber it it.

The ingredients:
1lb Raw Almonds
1lb Raw Walnuts or Pecans
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 cups raisins
2 cups Dried Cranberries
1 pkg Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Chips
1 box Fiber one cereal Original
1 box Fiber one Honey clusters cereal 
Serving size is 1/3 cup - 6 grams of fiber


I don't use the nuts or the coconut.. Just not a fan.  It makes it harder to eat to me so mine isn't quite as healthy.  I also use the Golden Raisins instead of regular raisins.  This recipe makes a lot so I use two large, same size bowls and split it up half in each bowl.  Then I use my hands to fold the mix together.


Then pour each bowl in a separate gallon size baggie.  


You will need to freeze them so the mix wont go stale.  I keep them in the freezer and use a small sauce bowl to scoop out a serving when I want it.  Or you cam measure out 1/3 a cut into a snack size baggie so you can take it on the go with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment