Labels

Friday, April 13, 2012

Field trip: Farm Life

I was able to take Olivia on a field trip with her pre-school.  We went to pick fresh strawberries then to someone's home to feed goats.  The strawberry patch was pretty awesome.  We are going to go back again with Clint this time and get some more.  Olivia did really well following the rules.  She checked each one and turned it around to make sure it was red before she picked it.


The other place had goats, donkeys, dogs, cats, and a blind cow.  Olivia held out her piece of bread at different parts of the fence for about 20 minutes without the goats taking it.  It was a little sad.  All the other kids were giving out bread like candy. 


While I was watching Olivia being cute, I was also holding Alle.  It was a little windy that day so I dressed Alle in a long sleeve sleeper.  She was getting a little fussy because she had a dirty diaper and  was starting to get hungry but we were away from the car so I was just bouncing her.  However, one of the children's grandmother didn't think I was being a good mother and decided to tell me about it. She said things like "It is too cold out here for that baby.  You should always keep a hat on her.  Now she is going to get an ear infection.  I should know because I have 4 kids, 12 grandkids, and there 9 nurses in my family.  You need to get a blanket for that baby because she is going to get an ear infection."  She kept on going on.  What did she want me to say?  My goodness...  Some people will just say anything.  I just said OK and tried to ignore most of it because if the middle of all that... The goat finally eat from Olivia's hand!  She did so good and didn't flinch.  


No comments:

Post a Comment