Labels

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Change

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I could not be happier for my brother-in-law Drew and Megan getting married.  She is a wonderful addition to the Fleetwood family.  She is fun, crazy, classy, loves family, and loves Drew.  Alle woke up early and did not nap which made for an interesting and challenging afternoon and evening.  But both of my girls were wonderful and precious flower girls.  Olivia was pretty much the most perfect little flower girl.  She walked slowly down the isle throwing down small bunches of flowers as she went.  She walked all the way down to her daddy (officiating the wedding) and he bent down to tell her she did great and to go sit next to her Granny.  Alle looked a little nervous at first and hesitant to go down, but then she saw me and her granny and ran down the isle dragging her basket of flowers behind her.
Clint officiated his first wedding which was special, and it was his brother's wedding.  He did a great job and was very honored to be able to do that for his brother.  Drew and Megan were so sweet during the ceremony.  They were both beaming with joy, both wrote their own vows, and both cried at some point.  We are so happy they found each other and had their special day.



The reception was great too.  The Square had their first debut honoring Drew and Megan.  The food was great, the music was great, the place looked great.  It was definitely worth the work of everyone in the family putting in time on a daily basis the last couple of weeks to get it finished.  Simply beautiful.  I know that years down the road, Drew and Megan will love the memory of having their reception at The Square with all of their friends and family around to celebrate with them.

Olivia and Alle both got to dance with their daddy.  Olivia even danced with her cousin for a long time.  Towards the beginning of the music during a jazzy little song, Olivia started dancing and shaking.  She told me 'It's making me dance!'  She walked around like she owned the place talking to different people, stealing flowers to hold and give away, drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, and of course, dancing.  Alle had a great time too, as long as someone was holding her.  She got pretty tired and fussy at the end and was ready to get home!

~ ~

Now that all of that is completed, I am ready to concentrate on MY big change!  Five days left to go till due date.  I think I'm ready to have this one early.  With Alle I didn't feel ready for the change (although it was a wonderful change!); but with all the change we have had already, I'm ready to add one more so I can get our lives going and adjusting to being a family of Five.  I've got bags packed, contraction app downloaded, easy food in the fridge and freezer, and family support lined up for whenever Mark Edward decides the time is right.  I just hope it is sooner than later... I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment