Labels

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tender Heart

I was exhausted, tired, and needed to rest.  But I was working on getting ready for LASSO (our afterschool program at church I am leading).  I was receiving back a few emails from teachers, trying to write information down about what each student needs to work on, looking up some reading comprehension stuff online, and making a schedule for the students for that day since it was a study day.  I was wanting to get all that done and be able to lay down next to Olivia on my bed for a little bit but it was taking up the whole time.  Resting was not going to happen for that afternoon.

Olivia's movie had gotten over and she had not gotten her nap in.  She started asking me questions and I was getting snappy with her.  My lack of sleep and pregnancy hormones were getting to me.  I was about to have a break down.  Olivia asked me if I was alright and I told her no- that I was trying to get this stuff finished and I was really needing to rest.  She said that she would be right back, rolled off the bed, and left the room.  At that point I really didn't care where she went.  She came back into my room bringing 3 toys.  She gave them to me one at a time saying 'you can play with toy and feel better'.  She brought me her camera, a block and a stuffed animal.

She is so sweet.  I couldn't help but smile and play with her toys with her.  We took turns pretending to take pictures back and forth of each other.  It's hard to believe that I can be so selfish sometimes and during those times she is so thoughtful of me and wants to make me feel better.  She can be stubborn, hard-headed, crazy, and wild... but she also has a tender heart.  I don't know if that is something that can be taught but I want to help that aspect in her to flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment