Labels

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Day!


Baby Shower day!  We had it at Beans and Strings and my mom was in charge of the food.  The theme was "Ready to Pop"   We had popcorn of different kinds, blow pops, m&ms, cupcakes with polka dots on them, and some fruit.  The best was the homemade white chocolate drizzled popcorn with m&ms in it.  It was so yummy!

Several of my friends were able to make it and there were a lot of kids there too.  We drank lattes, watched the kids play, opened gifts, and chatted.  Baby Alie is going to have some cute new clothes.  Her Auntie Carrie bought her some hair bows and some.... auburn hair die!  You know... just in case she doesn't have red hair when she is born in the hospital.  Alie has some awesome family!

After the party my mom took me to walmart to buy last minute baby stuff and then went back to my house to help me fix up the baby room.  She stayed for about five hours turning our junk room into a real baby room.


She swept and cleaned the floors, picked up trash, got the junk out, put the changing table it, washed the basket liners and car seat covers, and organized baby supplies.  It is great to finally have a real baby room and find all our Winnie the Pooh decorations. Almost everything is ready now.  We have to put together the baby bed and go through clothes to get out all the baby clothes.  But other than that... it is done.  It is a good thing too because I am only one week and 3 days away.  It is a little crazy to think about our family is about to grow to four.  Maybe now we can win a free vacation for a family of four... that would be awesome  :)


I was so exhausted after having a party, going to walmart, and cleaning up the baby room and I just had to sit and rest.  It also didn't help that i forgot to take my Iron supplement.  we ordered some pizza and wings so I wouldn't have to cook and mom stayed with us for supper.





Olivia and I had a movie night afterward watching Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  It is so awesome that Olivia loves that movie.  When the part came on about "I got a golden ticket" and they sing and dance in their house, Olivia went to her daddy and wanted to dance.  They held hands and danced in circles.  I have a great family and I am so excited to be adding one more to our crazy little bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment