Labels

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Purpose in daily life

The beginning of May Clint started his new job and I official became a stay at home mother.  We made commitments to eat healthier and exercise.  So far I have been going to the YMCA at least three times a week but usually five.  I have been going to the farmers market often and having more fruits and vegetables in the home.  I have also been using SuperTracker to keep track of what I eat on a daily basis.  Since May 1st to today, I have lost 13 pounds and I am only 1 pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Go me!

The YMCA has been incorporated into my daily schedule and buying more fruits and vegetables has helped us to eat them daily.  I was thinking about this while sitting in church and realized that there are other things that I know is good for me to do and I have good intentions for, but I don't think about them daily.  When I do think about them I realize I haven't done them in several days... or weeks.  


So sitting there listening to praise and worship music, I wrote down a list of daily commitments that are either difficult for me to do at times or I just forget about doing:

1. Clean my kitchen sink
2. Spend 5 minutes in 2 rooms cleaning
3. Help Olivia with 3/5 minutes toy pickup
4. Talk to Olivia about God/Jesus
5. Tummy time with Alle for 5 minutes
6. Read one chapter/section in the Bible
7. Read one Relevant article
8. Listen to my Pandora worship station
9. Show extra kindness toward 1 person
10. Always use kind words


Too many days go by where all I did was try to clean up the messes that were being made, keep Olivia from smothering her sister and being too whinny, trying to keep Alle's crying to a minimum, and try to get supper on the table.  I would feel like I was running in circles not really having anything to show for my stress for the day.  While I am writing this, The Motions by Matthew West is playing on my Pandora (doing #8!).  Although I do not feel at my lowest or that my life needs an overhaul, I do feel like I am just doing the minimal motions of being a parent and wife at times.


These are things that will help cultivate my spiritual life as well as my relationships with my husband and children.  I want to use this season of life that I am in to grow as a woman, wife, mother, and daughter of Christ.  

I want my days to be purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment