Labels

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life and Death

There are some things that are mysteries to me.  Life and death are strange bedfellows.  The last few days I've been to two memorial services.  The first was for my best friend's grandmother.  She was a wonderful person - odd, bold, a little crazy... but wonderful.  She is the woman who took my best friend to church as a little girl and that church is where we were able to start our relationship that has now lasted almost 20 years.  The other lady who passed away died of Alzheimers around age 55.  She mentored me when I was a junior and senior in high school.  She was a counselor at my church and we spent a lot of time together discussing what I wanted to go into at college.

At both of these wonderful lady's memorial services, I was thinking of my 2 1/2 week old little girl.  Two wonder lives have ended and another was just beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment