Labels

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Past Due

So today I am two days past my due date.  It is a strange thing.. for months now, the date 'February 9th' has been on my mind.  That has come and gone and where am I now?  In a waiting game... not knowing what to expect.  I've been having contractions that feel like cramps the last two nights.  My doctor gave me some tips if I want to speed up going into labor and said to just time them and if they are 5 minutes apart then to head to the hospital.  When she asked if I wanted to go into labor this weekend or try to rest and wait till Monday (when I go in to be induced), I just said that I don't know.

Even though I have a wonderful, beautiful little two year old, I feel like a first time mom when it comes to labor.  I didn't go into labor anywhere but at the hospital hooked up to monitors when I was induced with Olivia.  Even though people say that being induced makes it harder, there is also security and comfort in knowing that even if I don't know what I'm doing, there is a nurse right there who can help me.

So even though I am 2 days past due and have been having some minor contractions off and on and am tired of being huge and not sleeping well and want to meet baby Alle..... I'm also a little scared and don't feel ready yet.  I kind of want to wait until I go into the hospital Monday night so I can have my house clean, Olivia's bag ready with everything she needs, and our bag with all our electronics and such.  It will give me several hours to know what to expect next instead of not knowing and just waiting.

Strange I know... But that is where I am... two days past due...

No comments:

Post a Comment